[j-nsp] Ramp up old MX480

Jonas Frey jf at probe-networks.de
Wed Aug 28 07:42:24 EDT 2019

Hello,

for the minimum you will need to upgrade:

FFANTRAY-MX480-HC-S (high capacity fan tray to run MPC cards due to cooling)
MX-SCBE (req'd for MPC3+ cards)

as for line cards i'd suggest using MPC-3D-16XGE-SFPP, they are cheap used/refurb. If you are
running 3+ of these you might need to upgrade your power supplys (if using the old 1200W style).

Throw the DPCE-R away, these arent usable anymore and have long been EOL.
Your RE is EOL too, but will probably be fine untill JunOS 19.4. (plus service releases for some more time).

This minimum upgrade should keep you running for a while.

-J