[j-nsp] MX10K3 Experiences, ~2 years later

Jason Lixfeld jason-jnsp at lixfeld.ca
Wed Dec 18 12:47:01 EST 2019

Hi,

I wanted to follow up on a thread from a couple of years ago about the MX10003

https://lists.gt.net/nsp/juniper/63670?search_string=mx10003

We’ve got a bunch of MX204s that we use for peering and transit over LDP based L3VPN pinned up with IS-IS and BFD.  We’re quite happy with these boxes from a cost, density and feature perspective.  We’ve had no issues with them at all so far in the few months that they’ve been in the field.

Now, we’re looking for something to use in the same role, but with higher 100G port density.  The MX10003 seems like a good fit from a cost perspective verses something like an MX240, but also from a feature and performance perspective because it uses the same hardware as the MX204 in terms of EA Trios and CPU on the MPC, along with the CPU and memory on the RE (except the MX204 has 32GB on the RE as opposed to 64GB on the MX10003).

Wondering how folks are feeling about these boxes a couple of years later.

Thanks!