[j-nsp] QFX5100 red alarm after power-off

Giovanni Bellac giovannib1979 at ymail.com
Thu Feb 14 03:31:43 EST 2019

 Hi,
we are issuing the command (request system power-off) when the switch is booted up normally. We are experiencing this on different JunOS versions (14.1, 17.3, 18.1).
>From our last email:
Short update:We experiencing the red alarm only when the management port is connected when powering off the QFX5100-48T - weird...When the management port is not connected when powering down the device, there is no red alarm.
Kind regards

    Am Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2019, 16:22:59 MEZ hat Anderson, Charles R <cra at wpi.edu> Folgendes geschrieben:

 On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 11:08:16AM +0000, Giovanni Bellac via juniper-nsp wrote:
> after powering off a QFX5100-48T (request system power-off) the fans are spinning down and the ALARM LED is lightning red. The switch is working and looking as expected without any error messages.
>
> Is this a normal behavior ? Has someone a spare unit for a short test ?

What version?  Try upgrading to 17.3R3-S3.3.