[j-nsp] 40G QSFP problems on QFX5100 after 16.1R6

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Feb 18 03:41:03 EST 2019

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 04:37:52PM +0200, Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
> > we've noticed problems with third party vendors QSFP 40G optics after
> > upgrading our JunOS on QFX5100. The problems manifest as a general
> > instablility on the QSFP links with symptoms like:
>
> we've got the information that this might be fixed in 17.4R2. Initial
> testing seems to confirm this but we're still waiting a bit if the
> problem reoccurs. If this is the fix then PR1309613 was the culprit
> and the roblem should be solved in:
>
> 14.1X53-D47 15.1R7 16.1R7 17.1R3 17.2R3 17.3R2 17.3R3 17.4R2 18.1R1

We ran into this today with two EX4600, 16.1R6 and multimode QSFP+
optics - namely, a LACP channel across two 40G ports not coming up
on both members after a reboot.  Disable/enable ae0, ports come up fine.

Following Sebastian's advice, we upgraded to "jtac recommended", which
is 17.3R3-S3.3 as of recent, and now the 40G links are coming up nicely
after reboot.

Just as an additional data point.

gert