[j-nsp] inline-jflow monitoring

Tobias Heister lists at tobias-heister.de
Wed Jan 2 08:32:38 EST 2019

Hi,

On 02.01.2019 11:49, Saku Ytti wrote:
> Trio does IPFIX in HW, it can inspect each and every packet with no
> different cost. So if your flow table can survive it, do 1:1 and get
> more visibility.

AFAIK not all Trio Generations and variants are able to do 1:1 at Line Rate.
IIRC MPC5E and newer are very close to 1:1 in all scenarios while older MPC/TRIO were lower (in the 1:4 - 1:10 range worst case)
I think it was one of the marketed benefits of MPC5 and MPC2/3-NG that they now can do 1:1 while the older stuff was not able to do so.

Of course you can argue whether line rate 64k packets are actually a typical use case or not ;)

--
Kind Regards
Tobias Heister