[j-nsp] QFX10k PFE

Brian Rak brak at gameservers.com
Thu Jan 3 09:51:48 EST 2019

I have a 10k8 that's showing "data error" discards in `show pfe
statistics traffic`.  JTAC gave me the very unhelpful suggestion to run
packet captures and try and guess what's getting dropped, which isn't
really something that's feasible to do (nor am I even sure the packets
would show up there, since they're getting hardware dropped).

I poked around on the FPC console, and found "set pfe monitor
hw-discard", which seems to be what I want.  Has anyone used this
before?  I can't seem to find any docs on it, and I'm not sure enabling
it randomly is really a good idea.