[j-nsp] rate limiting per-user prefix lists

Alexander Arseniev arseniev at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 9 10:37:52 EST 2019

Hello,

Well, the prefix-action policers would likely relieve congestion on Your
backhaul MW links but the 100Mbps "last mile" will still be congested,
with a mix of good and bad packets.

And I would say more bad than good because good traffic (mainly HTTPS
nowadays) will do TCP backoff at the early stage of congestion and bad
packets (i.e. UDP flood) will fill the void in the 100Mbps policer buckets.

Have a look at the latest Juniper-Correro DDOS solution that detects the
attack, finds the packet "fingerprint" & then drops only bad packets,
and it's all automated

https://www.corero.com/resources/data-sheets/juniper-networks-solution-brief/

HTH

Thx