[j-nsp] Change in host-name / domain-name behaviour - LLDP System Name / SNMP sysName

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Tue Jan 15 16:17:35 EST 2019

James Stapley writes:
>Not sure if we're the first people to notice this, but there seems to be a
>change in the way Junos deals with FQDN, host-name and domain-name with our
>latest kit.

These are the fixes for two PRs:

  PR 1383295 Domain name is not reported as part of the LLDP sysname
             in "show lldp neighbor" command
  PR 1384065 sysName of system mib does not include domain name

The sysName brings up into conformance with the standard suggestion:
"By convention, this is the node's fully-qualified domain name",
while the LLDP fix brings up into conformance with "the rest of the
vendors".

While backward compatibility is a priority, these were PRs and
intentional fixes to move toward standard behavior, and I'm told
they were in the release notes as customer visible changes.

HTH

Thanks,
 Phil

P.s.: No, I've no idea why 1384065 is marked confidential.