[j-nsp] Finding drops

Jason Lixfeld jason-jnsp at lixfeld.ca
Tue Jan 22 13:17:12 EST 2019

> On Jan 22, 2019, at 4:49 AM, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 at 22:09, Jason Lixfeld <jason-jnsp at lixfeld.ca> wrote:
>
>> I’ve distilled the test down to generating 100 million 64 byte (UDP) packets to the destination, but the counters on et-0/0/2 read as though they’ve only received about 76.6% of those packets.
>
> What are you actually doing?

Trying to making sure the counters work :)

Transmitting exactly 100 million 64 byte UDP packets.  SPORT:  49184 DPORT: 7.

> How are measuring rates?

I’m not interested in rate at this point.  I’m interested in correlating the number of packets the tester sent vs. the number that it’s directly connected MX interface received.  As it stands, there’s a discrepancy, and that’s fine, I’m trying to find the counter(s) on the box that will ultimately account for all 100 million packets.