[j-nsp] EVPN - BGP attribute propagation on MXes

Guillermo Fernando Cotone guillermo.cotone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 05:16:10 EDT 2019

Hi Alexander,

Not really.
BGP route propagation works and some attributes are preserved, e.g. as-path
and local-preference, but not the attached communities.
It looks like they are doing implicitly —in juniper syntax— "then community
*set* EVPN-EXT-COMM" instead of "*add*" while importing BGP routes into EVPN
.

Best,
Guillermo