[j-nsp] multi services

Richard McGovern rmcgovern at juniper.net
Thu Jul 18 13:17:42 EDT 2019

Yes there is no equivalent MX Services to SPC3 at this time, but this is being worked on.  This is supposed to be coming in 19.3, via software only; new SW architecture.

Many [large] customers are running large scale IPSEC termination, but 5G max, from what [little] I know.  If someone needs more throughput, they will bond multiple IPSEC tunnels together.

As for failover, any failure should cause a switch to redundant module, assuming one is present.

HTH, Rich

Richard McGovern
Sr Sales Engineer, Juniper Networks
978-618-3342

I’d rather be lucky than good, as I know I am not good
I don’t make the news, I just report it