[j-nsp] Old JunOS upgrade path

Niall Donaghy niall.donaghy at geant.org
Fri Mar 8 09:31:08 EST 2019

I can only offer that if you want to go 13.x direct to 17.x:
 - you ought to do a lab test as this is not officially endorsed.
 - I know downgrading from 17.x to 15.1 has been problematic in our lab, requiring USB stick recovery.
 - I know that upgrading from 15.1 to 17.4 is fine.

Avoiding lab time/risk, what Ola suggests is the simplest most pragmatic approach if you have a small number of boxes.
If you have many, 13.x direct to 17.x is a more attractive option if you can prove in the lab, to your satisfaction, that it works for you.

Niall Donaghy
Senior Network Engineer
GÉANT
T: +44 (0)1223 371393
M: +44 (0) 7557770303
Skype: niall.donaghy-dante
PGP Key ID: 0x77680027
nic-hdl: NGD-RIPE

Please note my work days are Tuesday through Friday.

Networks • Services • People
Learn more at www.geant.org​
​​
GÉANT Vereniging (Association) is registered with the Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam with registration number 40535155 and operates in the UK as a branch of GÉANT Vereniging. Registered office: Hoekenrode 3, 1102BR Amsterdam, The Netherlands. UK branch address: City House, 126-130 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1PQ, UK.