[j-nsp] Old JunOS upgrade path

Eldon Koyle ekoyle+puck.nether.net at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 15:17:44 EST 2019

Many (most?) network operating systems are an image file that the
switch either writes over a partition (ie. block-level copy) or boots
directly (ie. initrd/initramfs) with a separate partition for a config
file.  Junos is a full BSD operating system that installs packages to
partitions on the device, runs upgrade scripts, etc.

--
Eldon