[j-nsp] Mirroring IPv6 neighbor advertisements

Jason Healy jhealy at logn.net
Fri Mar 22 22:15:30 EDT 2019

On Mar 22, 2019, at 9:25 PM, Crist Clark <cjc+j-nsp at pumpky.net> wrote:

> Maybe you should be looking at DHCPv6 if you want those kinds of logs.

We did.  ;-)  However, Google seems quite set on not supporting it on Android:

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/36949085

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/androids-lack-of-dhcpv6-support-poses-security-and-ipv6-deployment-issues/

Thus, we need some kind of measure to deal with SLAAC, as it seems that no Android device will do DHCPv6 (we're a school that allows BYOD, so I can't ban Android devices).

On another note, since my last post I've found that Junos 17 has a feature for MLD snooping, including static subscriptions to a listening group.  I'm going to need to update our QFX and see if that might get me more of what I need.

Thanks,

Jason