[j-nsp] Junos 18.X on QFX5100

Franz Georg Köhler lists at openunix.de
Tue May 28 08:31:24 EDT 2019

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 03:15:48PM +0200, Thomas Bellman <bellman at nsc.liu.se> wrote:

> So far, the only problem I have seen is that the Jet Service Daemon
> (jsd) and the na-grpc-daemon starts eating 100% CPU after a few weeks
> on 18.3, but not the other versions.  Restarting them helps; for a
> few weeks, then they suddenly eat CPU again.  It should also be possible
> to disable them if you don't use them (I haven't gotten around to do
> that myself, though).

We see the same behaviour with 18.3R1 and regularily need to kill jsd
and na-grpc-daemon.

We run 18.2 to 19.1 and see those processes eating up CPU only on
18.3R1.

We see some IPV6 problems in a VC environment, i.E. PR1413543 and
PR1370329 (RA not working)

We also see problems in IPV6 forwarding, when connected hosts would not
be able to reach the outside until they either ping the IRB gateway or
traffic comes in from the outside.