[j-nsp] MX480 / RE-S-2000-4096

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Nov 7 16:51:40 EST 2019

The main problem you might run into, is the fact that DPCE has backup
only fabric connection, MPC not. So whole DPCE 40G is sending to
single egress Trio, in MX960 istead of getting 40Gbps, you'll get
26Gbps, unless you turn on redundancy mode, forcing MPC to make one
plane cold backup.

Complex setups require complex understanding and high OPEX.

On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 at 13:46, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> On 6/Nov/19 19:05, Misak Khachatryan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We do that with RE-S-1300 and DPCE 4x 10GE R sort of cards. No problems for a 4 or more years. And IPv6 full tables too.
>
> That's easy.
>
> Ask it to do QoS bits, policing bits, firewall bits, SCU/DCU bits, and
> it'll show you its true colors :-).
>
> Mark.

  ++ytti