[j-nsp] MX204 vs. MX240??

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Sat Nov 9 06:57:48 EST 2019

> Giuliano C. Medalha
> Sent: Friday, November 8, 2019 4:48 PM
>
> Yes
>
> MX204 is a super router !!!
>
> Very impressive about its performance
>

>   *    Forwarding plane and control plane performance

We didn't have it on our testbench yet but we did have MPC7 on there and
were not impressed at all.
Don't get me wrong MPC7 will forward packets alright, it's just if you get a
bit harsh with he packet size or filters (pick your poison) it will start to
crumble, but so does the was majority of cards that offer 100G ports out
there.
Now MPC3-NG that's a very impressive performance (overpowered even) a true
workhorse!

adam