[j-nsp] MX204 vs. MX240??

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Nov 14 08:31:12 EST 2019

On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 at 15:18, <adamv0025 at netconsultings.com> wrote:

> But still I don't see how the LU microcode has the ability to actually
> generate packets, let alone to host a complete daemon.

It does, there is dispatch block in LU, in this callout block you
generate parcel in timed manner, which will be given to some PPE,
which causes the PPE to execute the correct microcode.

PPM on LC CPU:
IMPC0(r33.labxtx01.us.bb-re1 vty)# show ppm adjacencies

PPM on NPU:
IMPC0(r33.labxtx01.us.bb-re1 vty)# show ppm inline sessions
    bfd                   show PPM inline sessions for BFD
    cfm                   show PPM inline sessions for CFM
    lacp                  show PPM inline sessions for LACP
    lfm                   show PPM inline sessions for LFM
    vrrp                  show PPM inline sessions for VRRP

> or generate packets -what about hyper-mode (streamlining of that microcode)
> -would that have any effect on the ability of the microcode to run PPMD?

I've not tested, but I'd be shocked if this wasn't part of ucode
rewrite goal. So I'd be ready to bet money hypermode has support for
this.

> Also is there a cmd I can use to switch between LC CPU and LU?

As far as I know there isn't shell to the LU complex, just commands in
the LC CPU to query about its state.

--
  ++ytti