[j-nsp] MX204 vs. MX240??

Timur Maryin timamaryin at mail.ru
Tue Nov 19 08:57:23 EST 2019

On 14-Nov-19 14:19, adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:

>> There are several places where you can run your keepalieve
>>
>> a) RPD
>> b) RE PPMd
>> c) LC CPU PPMd
>> d) NPU (dispatch block in the LU/XL)
>>
>> And it depends on config where you run it.

... and on hardware and on defaults of the Junos version you run.

> Then PPMD can run on RE obviously or can be distributed onto LC -now this is
> where my confusion comes in.
>
> That's because I was under the impression that it's the LC CPU hosting the
> PPMD in distributed mode,

packet generation by lookup chip used be referred as 'inline'
by LC CPU - distributed.
check first reply here:
https://forums.juniper.net/t5/Junos/Inline-BFD-vs-distributed-BFD/td-p/463242

> Also is there a cmd I can use to switch between LC CPU and LU?

I recall there is a hidden knob (mentioned in MX series book):

https://books.google.nl/books?id=SVvnDAAAQBAJ&pg=PA12&lpg=PA12&dq=junos+inline+bfd&source=bl&ots=Dt7vVwAShk&sig=ACfU3U0FWXmAHyJA7urRdPO5w5kJZFdwjw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj38tz5rfblAhVRoZ4KHbCjDqEQ6AEwDXoECAkQAQ