[j-nsp] Please push Juniper to implement RFC6907

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Oct 10 05:13:21 EDT 2019

On 10/Oct/19 10:25, Job Snijders wrote:

> The "BGP Preview" is only showing the /23, but the issue at hand is
> expressed in the two /24s covered by the /23.

So the validator is not even showing either /24, only the /23. Could it
be implementing RFC 6907?

All of my IOS XR routers do not have the /24's in RIB, even if marked as
Invalid. So either IOS XR is implementing RFC 6907 aggressively, or the
remote side is doing the same and dropping them before I get them (which
would mean they are either running IOS XR, or are working around the
lack of this RFC in Junos).

I am seeing both /24's from all of my Junos routers.

Unfortunately, I don't have any IOS XE routers that are running RPKI
with a full BGP table, so I can't use that as a control mechanism for
Cisco's implementation.

Mark.