[j-nsp] QFX10008 and sFlow

Tim Vollebregt tim at interworx.nl
Mon Oct 14 13:49:27 EDT 2019

Hi All,

I’m toying around with some QFX10008’s in a customer PoC.
Having some issues with sFlow and can’t find proper documentation in regards to this.

I’m trying to get sFlow samples from ae/LAG’s.

According to documentation:
	• You cannot configure sFlow monitoring on a link aggregation group (LAG), but you can configure it individually on a LAG member interface.

ae22 is transporting some L3 subinterfaces with vlan tags
ae22 consists of:
et-0/0/1
et-1/0/3

In the ’set protocols sflow interfaces’ you have to put the logical (.0/.xxx) interface.

In the autocomplete of ’set protocols sflow interfaces’ I found out that the member interfaces of ae22 are listed together with the logical L3 subinterfaces.
For example:
et-0/0/1.511
et-0/0/1.513
et-0/0/1.514
and
et-1/0/3.511
et-1/0/3.513
et-1/0/3.514

I would assume I should just enable sflow for all these member subinterfaces.
This works fine with 1 L3 subinterfaces enabled, however when I want to add multiple I get the following error:

[edit protocols sflow]
  'interfaces et-0/0/1.511'
    only one ifl is allowed
error: configuration check-out failed

Is this a license limitation? Or am I doing something wrong? Would be a bit weird if an interface can only sample sFlow for a single L3 subinterface.

Thanks in advance,

Tim