[j-nsp] FlowSpec and RTBH

Robert Raszuk robert at raszuk.net
Thu Oct 17 04:01:10 EDT 2019

I see there are two questions here Marcin is asking:

> I was wondering is there a way to export family flow routes (from
> inetflow.0) to non flowspec BGP speaker?

Q1 - Can I advertise Flowspec NLRIs to non Flowspec speakers ? The answer
is clearly "No"

> For example tag Flowspec route with community and advertise this route
with
> different community to blackhole on upstream network (selective RTBH).

Q2 - Can flowspec be tagged with blackhole communities indicating the
actions yet still using match criteria to apply those selectively. The
answer is "Yes" the original 5575 RFC clearly allows so:

   A given flow may be associated with a set of attributes, depending on
   the particular application; such attributes may or may not include
   reachability information (i.e., NEXT_HOP).  *Well-known or AS-specific
   community attributes can be used to encode a set of predetermined
   actions.*

Thx,

R.