[j-nsp] BPDUs over EVPN?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Oct 18 05:44:47 EDT 2019

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 11:40:53AM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On 18/Oct/19 09:15, Gert Doering wrote:
>
> > I could see very special cases where it would be necessary, but that
> > would need to be a non-default-enabled switch.
> L2PT would be a use-case, but as you state, not typically standard.

If I understand "L2PT" right here, this is the classic "EoMPLS" (in
Cisco language) or "CCC" thing, as in "transparently connecting exactly
*two* ethernet ports together, over MPLS or L2TPv3 or ... transport"?

If yes, is this something people do over EVPN?

I'm asking because I'm trying to understand options - we see EVPN as
a tool for "I need a learning bridge in the middle, with more than two
endpoints", while EoMPLS/CCC is "I want to connect exactly two endpoints,
and the middleboxes must be fully transparent, including STP forwarding".

gert