[j-nsp] MPLS Auto-BW experiences

Rob Foehl rwf at loonybin.net
Mon Sep 16 03:52:04 EDT 2019

On Fri, 6 Sep 2019, Jared Mauch wrote:

> What have you found are the most important parts of your settings, be it the underflow/overflow settings or otherwise.

>From what I've seen, short timer intervals (statistics every 60s, adjust
every 300-900s) and relatively low adjust thresholds pretty well obviate
the need for overflow/underflow, but I also haven't had any issues with
the amount of resignaling that results.  YMMV.

Other important stuff is running adaptive LSPs (to get make-before-break
SE reservations and avoid double counting), and optimize timers (to avoid
relying on auto-bw to clean up after link failures).

This rabbit hole runs pretty deep...

-Rob