[j-nsp] Suggestions for Edge/Peering Router..

Robert Raszuk robert at raszuk.net
Thu Sep 19 10:04:49 EDT 2019

> > Ideally I'd like to see equivalent of Cisco's dynamic update peer-groups
> in Junos.
>
> They are dynamic, but once you make export change which affects subset
> of members in peer-group, that member gets reset while placed to new
> update-group.

And that is how dynamic update groups works by design. They automatically
group peers based on their export policy configuration.

To reset or not reset the peers really depends on the nature of the policy
change. In some cases clear soft out or in will do just fine without
bringing down the session. Of course if you enable soft reconfig in and
policy is just a new import filter no reset of the peer is required if OS
still does it they can fix it easily.

R.