[j-nsp] EVPN on QFX5200

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Fri Sep 20 11:47:50 EDT 2019

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for elaborating on this, I had the same question when read
your reply.
It may be not an issue for a small deployment but definitely should be
considered in terms of BCP.

Could you advise about various external connectivity options for
EVPN-VXLAN fabric? Let's say there are two spines that centrally route
VXLAN vnis and some leaves. Spines are CEs from core MPLS network
perspective. I understand that EVPN can be extended to the PE router and
L3-gateways run on them, but probably not right now. What is a proper
way to connect spines to PE router or pair of PE routers? I'm looking
into running EBGP from each spine to [each] PE router over routed P2P
interface. Are there possible flaws in this topology? Is direct
connection needed between spines in this case?

Kins regards,
Andrey