[j-nsp] Netflow config for MX204

Liam Farr liam at maxumdata.com
Thu Apr 9 04:03:00 EDT 2020

Seems I cant just drop the forwarding options into the vrf verbatim;

# show | compare
[edit]
-  forwarding-options {
-      sampling {
-          sample-once;
-          instance {
-              default {
-                  input {
-                      rate 100;
-                  }
-                  family inet {
-                      output {
-                          flow-server 103.247.xxx.xxx {
-                              port 6363;
-                              version-ipfix {
-                                  template {
-                                      v4;
-                                  }
-                              }
-                          }
-                          inline-jflow {
-                              source-address 43.252.xxx.xxx;
-                          }
-                      }
-                  }
-                  family inet6 {
-                      output {
-                          flow-server 103.247.xxx.xxx {
-                              port 6363;
-                              version-ipfix {
-                                  template {
-                                      v6;
-                                  }
-                              }
-                          }
-                          inline-jflow {
-                              source-address 43.252.xxx.xxx;
-                          }
-                      }
-                  }
-              }
-          }
-      }
-  }
[edit routing-instances myvrf_Intl]
+    forwarding-options {
+        sampling {
+            sample-once;
+            instance {
+                default {
+                    input {
+                        rate 100;
+                    }
+                    family inet {
+                        output {
+                            flow-server 103.247.xxx.xxx {
+                                port 6363;
+                                version-ipfix {
+                                    template {
+                                        v4;
+                                    }
+                                }
+                            }
+                            inline-jflow {
+                                source-address 43.252.xxx.xxx;
+                            }
+                        }
+                    }
+                    family inet6 {
+                        output {
+                            flow-server 103.247.xxx.xxx {
+                                port 6363;
+                                version-ipfix {
+                                    template {
+                                        v6;
+                                    }
+                                }
+                            }
+                            inline-jflow {
+                                source-address 43.252.xxx.xxx;
+                            }
+                        }
+                    }
+                }
+            }
+        }
+    }

[edit]
# commit check
[edit chassis fpc 0 sampling-instance]
  'default'
    Referenced sampling instance does not exist
[edit interfaces xe-0/1/7 unit 442 family inet]
  'sampling'
    Requires forwarding-options sampling or packet-capture config
[edit interfaces xe-0/1/7 unit 442 family inet6]
  'sampling'
    Requires forwarding-options sampling or packet-capture config
error: configuration check-out failed: (statements constraint check failed)

This would commit (i.e. not removing the base forwarding-options);

# show | compare
[...]

I then ran a  *> clear services accounting flow inline-jflow fpc-slot 0*

But still getting export failures;

> show services accounting errors inline-jflow fpc-slot 0
  Error information
    FPC Slot: 0
    Flow Creation Failures: 0
    Route Record Lookup Failures: 0, AS Lookup Failures: 0
    Export Packet Failures: 188
    Memory Overload: No, Memory Alloc Fail Count: 0

    IPv4:
    IPv4 Flow Creation Failures: 0
    IPv4 Route Record Lookup Failures: 0, IPv4 AS Lookup Failures: 0
    IPv4 Export Packet Failures: 183

    IPv6:
    IPv6 Flow Creation Failures: 0
    IPv6 Route Record Lookup Failures: 0, IPv6 AS Lookup Failures: 0
    IPv6 Export Packet Failures: 5

Thoughts?

--
Kind Regards