[j-nsp] Junos Telemetry Interface

Martin Tonusoo martin at jumation.com
Mon Apr 20 17:23:22 EDT 2020

Hi Dario,

> So I can get the correct values in Grafana in bps, what reporting-rate do
you have configured on the Juniper?

I configured 1 second interval, but I noticed that at least vMX sent data
with 2 and occasionally 3 second intervals. I guess this is because
according to
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/export-profile-edit-services-analytics.html
the minimum reporting rate for PFE sensors is 2 seconds.

> Also in Grafana, what should the derivative value be in seconds?

Unfortunately, I no longer have this Grafana setup running, but according
to notes for myself I used something like this: SELECT
non_negative_derivative(mean("i_octets"),1s)*8 AS "incoming" FROM "octets"
WHERE ("ifl" = 'ge-0/0/1.88') AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time(5s) fill(none)

WBR,
Martin