[j-nsp] track-igp-metric in LDP

aaron1 at gvtc.com aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Aug 4 12:09:01 EDT 2020

I had to do this with my cgnat deployment.  I had an unforeseen and
undesirable result of all my customer facing mpls pe's using one and only
one of my cgnat boundary mx960's. (this was via an mpls l3vpn)  not good, I
need the pe's to flow towards the igp-closest mx960 towards the internet.
Thus load balancing via multiple mx960's and using separate and unique
public ipv4 pools.  This track-igp-metric did the trick.  It allowed my
cgnat boundary nodes to be seen as more or less attractive from the customer
facing mpls pe perspective.

As someone stated, i think it's rsvp, mp-ibgp for vpns and perhaps other
things that make use of inet.3 in it's best path calculations

-Aaron