[j-nsp] SRGB allocation

Antti Ristimäki antti.ristimaki at csc.fi
Tue Aug 11 05:24:28 EDT 2020

Hi list,

For those that have already deployed SR-MPLS, I would be curious to know which methodology you have followed when defining the SRGB label range? Have you just consciously taken an overlapping label range and then during a maintenance window restarted RPD so that other protocols using the overlapping dynamic label range would re-program, or have you managed to find a big enough contiguous unused label range in your network to be used as SRGB?

In our very modestly sized network, the currently running protocols (LDP, RSVP, BGP-LU, MP-BGP) seem to occupy the dynamic label pool 16-999999 very sparsely, leaving not-so-many contiguous free ranges. I'm not having particularly hard time in finding an unused label range in our network, but I'd just be curious to hear how others have managed this.

Antti