[j-nsp] IPv4 BFD flaps on MX204

Antti Ristimäki antti.ristimaki at csc.fi
Wed Aug 19 04:37:51 EDT 2020

Hi,

In fact inline IPv6 BFD is supported for other than link-local addresses starting from 18.1 IIRC. This doesn't help for IS-IS or OSPFv3, though, as those use link-local addresses for adjacencies.

We do have IPv6 BFD enabled for IS-IS but with very relaxed timers compared to IPv4. Haven't seen any issues for a couple of years.

Antti