[j-nsp] How to pick JUNOS Version

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 10:42:32 EDT 2020

How do you plan which JUNOS version to deploy on your network? Do you stick
to the KB21476 - JTAC Recommended Junos Software Versions or go a different
route? Some of the JTAC recommended code seems to be very dated, but that
is probably by design for stability.
https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB21476&actp=METADATA

Just wondering if JUNOS will ever go to a unified code model like Arista
does? The amount of PR's and bug issues in JUNOS seems overwhelming. Is
this standard across vendors? I am impressed that Juniper takes the times
to keep track of all these issues, but I am unimpressed that there are this
many bugs.