[j-nsp] How to pick JUNOS Version

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 11:12:22 EDT 2020

I'm not sure how long Arista can keep the single binary approach as they
expand their portfolio
and feature set. For example it makes very little sense to have full BNG
code on EX access switches, imge would be huge.

As for JTAC recommended release, it's a very generic recommendation not
taking specific use cases into consideration (Except for EVPN-VXLAN CRB/ERB)
Typically Juniper considers R3 releases to be mainstream adoptable (reality
is more like R3-S<latest>) but you will sleep better if you do proper
testing and to avoid regression bugs etc.

You can always ask your friendly SE for some guidance.

/Roger