[j-nsp] How to pick JUNOS Version

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Thu Aug 20 12:38:14 EDT 2020

On 19/Aug/20 16:42, Colton Conor wrote:

> Just wondering if JUNOS will ever go to a unified code model like Arista
> does? The amount of PR's and bug issues in JUNOS seems overwhelming. Is
> this standard across vendors? I am impressed that Juniper takes the times
> to keep track of all these issues, but I am unimpressed that there are this
> many bugs.

It's only going to get worse.

Personally, I don't mind a little bit of forking. I don't want bugs due
to BNG features because it's all one Junos.

Arista's portfolio is still simplistic because the main target market is
data centre switching. Wait when their code gets up to scratch re:
IP/MPLS, and it will be a reminder of what happened when Juniper went
from JUNOS 8, and a bit of 9, to Junos 10 and where we are today :-).

Mark.