[j-nsp] QFX10002 Inline Flow

Chris Wopat me at falz.net
Wed Dec 2 08:43:45 EST 2020

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 8:53 PM Brendan Mannella
<bmannella at teraswitch.com> wrote:

> Curious if anyone else has completely broken Inline flow on QFX10002 in any
> of the recent recommended versions. It was running fine with the current
> configuration, then we upgraded two different sets and both ended up with
> broken flow.
>
> We are running --- JUNOS 19.1R3-S3.2 Kernel 64-bit and --- JUNOS 20.2R2.11
> Kernel 64-bit

What version were you running before? Juniper seems to be removing
service provider-style features from QFX10k and doesn't seem to intend
to bring them back. We're currently stuck on 17.3R3-ish for this for a
few other features.

While not running your version or using that feature, it seems worth
sharing/comparing notes to our issues as it may be related to what
they're doing with this kit. Both of these features were
removed/broken for us starting with 18.something and we were told that
hey, they never promised them, even though they work fine in 17.x and
below.

* PR1250870 - subinterfaces dont show input packets via cli or snmp.
We were told this was going to be fixed in 20, now punted to 21 or
possibly never.

* PR1411465 - mac-limit no longer works on service provider style interfaces

--Chris