[j-nsp] static arp with unnumbered-address

Alexander Arseniev arseniev at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 13 07:12:41 EST 2020

Hello,
So. this whole setup is built for saving 2 IP from each /26, correct?
If You reconsider and decide You can afford to waste 2/64 = 3% of Your
IPv4 address estate, then on the face of it, looks like perfect use case
for EVPN with its /32 routes auto-created from ARP.
You can assign multiple 1st IPs from multitude of /26 to each EVPN IRB
interface with proper /26 netmask instead of tinkering with
unnumbered-address.
And if You export these /32 into Your iBGP, the /32 will be routed to
according to usual iBGP rules (local pref|metric etc).
Thanks
Alex