[j-nsp] NFX150 VPLS

Olivier FRUQUET olivier.fruquet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 21:54:33 EST 2020

Hi Folks,

Happy new year everyone!
I'm trying to configure a VPLS routing-instance on a NFX150 with the latest
update (19.3R2.9).
When I try to commit, I get the following error message :
root at cpe-hq# commit
[edit routing-instances]
  'vpls-cust-1'
    RT Instance: Route-distinguisher cannot be configured for
non-forwarding instance: vpls-cust-1
[edit interfaces ge-1/0/1 unit 0]
  'family'
     interface needs to be in a VPLS routing instance to support family VPLS
error: configuration check-out failed

When I look the configuration I see that the instance type VPLS is not
supported ?!
root at cpe-cust-hq# show routing-instances
vpls-cust-1 {
    ##
    ## Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (nfx150_s1)
    ##
    instance-type vpls;

The NFX150 datasheet says that VPLS is supported on this platform.
Am I missing something?

Thank you
Regards,
Olivier