[j-nsp] ACX5448 & ACX710

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Jan 22 03:03:47 EST 2020

On 21/Jan/20 21:44, Aaron Gould wrote:
> I've had an ACX5448 in my lab on loaner for over a year.  I need to refresh
> myself on how well it performed.  I have the little-brother ACX5048,
> probably 50 of them all over my network doing quite well.  Pretty sure those
> are not Trio based.

If memory serves, the ACX5048 is based on the Trident II. So it should
be markedly different from the ACX5448, which is Jericho 2-based.

> Never heard of the ACX710, but see it in slide 22 here ...
> https://senetsy.ru/upload/juniper-summit-2019/5G-ready_Transport_Networks_Ev
> genii_Bugakov_Juniper.pdf
> ACX710 and ACX753.  I'm curious about interfaces and modules and
> capabilities of both of them.

Let me see if I can remember this - the ACX710 should be 24x 1/10Gbps
ports + 2x 100Gbps uplinks (could be double that).

The ACX753 is chassis-based, and built for hardened requirements in the
Metro and RAN.

Both are shipping middle of 2020.

Mark.