[j-nsp] ACX5448 & ACX710

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 13:17:42 EST 2020

We too have the ACX5048 and QFX5100's, and have been unhappy with them
both. They both have the same Trident II chip set, but run different code
which is annoying to say the least.  Not to mention these aren't really
built for Metro-E deployments. They are not hardened, so datacenter only.
Plus, the don't support 23 inch racks nor 2 post racks. Makes them hard to
put in a customers site.

I looked at the ASR920 just now, it has too few 10G ports on it. The NCS
540 seems to be more ideal for our needs. Does the NCS 540 fit the bill?