[j-nsp] ACX5448 & ACX710 - Update!

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Wed Jul 29 09:41:33 EDT 2020

So an update on this thread...

Juniper went ahead and made the ACX710 a DC-only box. So if you are an
AC house, you're in deep doo-doo (which is us).

DC, for large scale deployment in the Metro? Makes zero sense to me.

Apparently, no way around this; which, to me, smells of the box being
built for some larger operator (like mobile), who primarily have DC
plants. And that's it - no other options for anyone else.

Oh, these vendors...

I haven't yet seen an ACX710 outside of a PDF, but deep scouring on the
Internet led me to this:

https://portal.nca.org.gh/search_type_approval_view_details.php?typeApproveDetailID=2244

Some kind of type approval with National Communications Authority of Ghana.

Mark.