[j-nsp] ACX5448 & ACX710 - Update!

Baldur Norddahl baldur at gigabit.dk
Thu Jul 30 06:35:57 EDT 2020

On 30.07.2020 10.29, Mark Tinka wrote:
> The ACX710 was clearly built for one or two mobile network operators.
> There is no doubt about that.
>
> Juniper have been making boxes that support both AC and DC for yonks.
> Hardened and regular. What's so special about the ACX710? In 2020?

To be fair there are more than two Juniper customers world wide that are
using 48V DC. To my knowledge DC power is very common in the telco world.

What is special about ACX710 is probably the price point. They want a
device for a certain market without loosing the ability to sell a higher
priced device for another market.

Regards,

Baldur