[j-nsp] vrf auto-export rib-group

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Wed Jun 24 05:40:21 EDT 2020

> Mihai
> Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 12:39 PM
>
> Hi,
>
> Is the rib-group configured under VRF auto-export supposed to be a 'per-
> table' (instead of per-protocol) rib-group which can also export routes
from
> VRFs to non-VRF instances, default included?
> The example on the link below shows the export to another table within the
> same instance:
>
> https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/poli
> cy-duplicating-routes.html
>
> I already tested and confirmed that routes from VRFs can be leaked to
> inet.0 by just using the rib-group under auto-export but I am not sure
> whether this is officially supported.

Maybe Jeff could chime in and shed some light on the peculiar differences of
using rib-groups under auto-export versus the below which I'm sure is
supported:
And how this all changes if the feature to have BGP not restart itself/to
always use l3vpn table for import export (can't recall name just now) is
enabled.
Could really use a "How BGP Works in Junos - Day One Book"

set routing-options rib-groups V4_INTERNET_TO_INET0 import-rib
INTERNET.inet.0
set routing-options rib-groups V4_INTERNET_TO_INET0 import-rib inet.0
set routing-options rib-groups V4_INTERNET_TO_INET0 import-policy
DEFAULT_ROUTE_V4
set routing-options rib-groups V6_INTERNET_TO_INET0 import-rib
INTERNET.inet.0
set routing-options rib-groups V6_INTERNET_TO_INET0 import-rib inet.0
set routing-options rib-groups V6_INTERNET_TO_INET0 import-policy
DEFAULT_ROUTE_V6
set routing-options rib-groups V4_PUBLIC_TO_INTERNET import-rib inet.0
set routing-options rib-groups V4_PUBLIC_TO_INTERNET import-rib
INTERNET.inet.0
set routing-options rib-groups V4_PUBLIC_TO_INTERNET import-policy
AGGREGATES_V4
set routing-options rib-groups V6_PUBLIC_TO_INTERNET import-rib inet6.0
set routing-options rib-groups V6_PUBLIC_TO_INTERNET import-rib
INTERNET.inet6.0
set routing-options rib-groups V6_PUBLIC_TO_INTERNET import-policy
AGGREGATES_V6

adam