[j-nsp] MX960 vs MX10K

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Mar 4 22:27:39 EST 2020

On 4/Mar/20 20:50, Luis Balbinot wrote:
> The MPC7E-MRATE is only good if you have to add a few 100G ports to a large
> chassis (i.e. MX960) that has lots of 10G interfaces and/or service cards.
> It's about 2/3 of the price of a new MX10003 with 12x100G.

That's my point :-).

We have several MX480's that have a ton of 10Gbps ports, but only need a
handful of 100Gbps ports. The MPC7E works out to be a little cheaper
than the MX1000 in that regard.

For cases where we need more than a handful of 100Gbps ports for edge
applications, the MX10000 is cheaper than an MX480 with MPC7E's or MPC10E's.

Mark.