[j-nsp] MX960 vs MX10K

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Fri Mar 6 13:01:06 EST 2020

I'd be +1 for this. For DC GW the main concern should be reliability and
simplicity. If you are going to bring EVPN there, then having fancy
services mixed on the same chassis may affect your uptime.
Also I'd take MX480 instead of 960 because of architecture compromises
of the latter. I'm also wondering, if MX960 fits in terms of number of
ports and capacity with some slots occupied by service cards, maybe
MX1003 + MX480 (or virtualized services) would do the job?

Kind regards,
Andrey