[j-nsp] Decoding DDOS messages

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Wed Mar 18 10:51:32 EDT 2020

This is the most recent Juniper document I had bookmarked for the QFX.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/protocols-edit-ddos-qfx-series.html

I agree with Saku that the ddos-policer is a good tool to use, but as he
said it requires turning for your specific environment to be at its most
useful. I don't want to discount the opinions of those who dislike it, but
many complaints about it seem to boil down to "the defaults didn't work, I
didn't tune it, therefore I hate it".