[j-nsp] [EXT] Re: Decoding DDOS messages

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Mar 18 12:57:52 EDT 2020

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 18:53, Chuck Anderson <cra at wpi.edu> wrote:

> 49125-65535, 1024-49124 could have something listening in them.
>
> Thanks, this is useful.  From the BSD shell it appears to be 49160-65535:

You are correct. I debated between the sysctl or standard, and I'm not
sure if I made the right call by going standard. At the time my
justification was, what if this is platform dependent, and I didn't
want to do the work to figure out if it's always 49160 in every
platfrom and junos and ended up with more liberal standard ephemeral
range.

--
  ++ytti