[j-nsp] Rate selectability on MPC7E-MRATE

Brian Johnson brian.johnson at netgeek.us
Wed May 6 09:52:41 EDT 2020

FYI this is a more complex question….

From my understanding, you need to look at the card as 4 groups of 3 ports (2 QSFP+ and 1 QSFP28). Here are your options:

1. All 3 ports can be used at 40G or 4x10G in any combination. So 120G per group or 480G per card. This is the maximum for the card.
2. If you put a 100G optic in the QSFP28 port, the other 2 QSFP ports are not available. So 100G per group with a QSFP28 in them. Assuming only 100G QSFPs in use, the card will do 400G total.

You can mix what each group does to get anywhere from 400G to 480G of capacity from the card.

Correct me if you know better.

- Brian