[j-nsp] arp bug workaround (mx204)

Baldur Norddahl baldur at gigabit.dk
Mon Nov 9 17:16:42 EST 2020

Den man. 9. nov. 2020 kl. 22.11 skrev Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de>:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 08:55:11PM +0100, Baldur Norddahl wrote:
> > So I am searching for work arounds. For example if I could make an ACL
> that
> > rewrites the vlans matching an IP address, such that the two IPs were on
> > two different VLANs, I could solve this by having two interfaces for the
> > customer. Alas that does not seem to be possible.
>
> Why don't you just route the second (and further) IP to the primary IP
> as gateway address?  Can JunOS not resolve this indirect next-hop?

In a greenfield deployment I would do exactly that. I am also considering
telling future customers that is the only supported way. But a lot of
existing customers have a setup with a switch instead of a router, with
multiple routers or servers directly connected. A few customers even run
VRRP at their end.

I have high hopes for the solution outlined by Krasimir. I will report back
on that as soon as I can get time to test it.

Regards,

Baldur