[j-nsp] BGP output queue priorities between RIBs/NLRIs

Rob Foehl rwf at loonybin.net
Tue Nov 10 15:01:41 EST 2020

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020, Gert Doering wrote:

> Can you do the EVPN routes on a separate session (different loopback on
> both ends, dedicated to EVPN-afi-only BGP)?  Or separate RRs?
>
> Yes, this is not what you're asking, just a wild idea to make life
> better :-)

Not that wild -- I've already been pinning up EVPN-only sessions between
adjacent PEs to smooth out the DF elections where possible.  Discrete
sessions over multiple loopback addresses also work, at the cost of extra
complexity.

At some point that starts to look like giving up on RRs, though -- which
I'd rather avoid, they're kinda useful :)

-Rob