[j-nsp] Junos OS Evolved

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Tue Oct 13 13:51:59 EDT 2020

     I haven't unpackaged an Evolved distribution yet, but my experience
with WindRiver licensing back in early 2000, it would be pricey.

     As for FreeBSD, they could have gone the way of upgrading the
kernel (I saw some evidences about 10.x but no confirmation yet) but
depending of their initial work done during the 4.x days, switching
might have been a better financial choice.

     Device support wouldn't be an issue pretty much all the worthy
stuff works on both...  and with virtualization its not an really issue
anymore.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443